July 14, 2010

oona levasseur.

na na na haven't uploaded much in the last month but i am back on my work now so i can show you some stuff. I am currently working on a project for my good friend Oona, who is a french singer here in London. She asked me to design a flyer for her that she can use over a long period of time instead of having a flyer for every single gig. So i am producing a flyer which represents her and her music in general with some space on the back to stick the dates and places.

As she and her music is a representation and a way of converting the life in and around Camden with its problems and pains i am mixing those influrences to get the best possible endresult.
If you look up her music you will see how the type i have designed for the flyer has merged out of the romantic but harsh sound of her voice. The colours i am using are there to represent the depth in her voice and by using monoprinting i have tried to give the image more of a rough cut and to decrease the gothic tone which comes across using such an intimidating type.

I found it a little scary at the beginning of my workprocess to get started as Oona didn't give me any limitations or directions. She said i know her best to visually represent her which is obviously awesome but it put a little pressure on me to please her the best i could with the endresult. Lucky for me she loved my first drafts and now i am just working on the final design.

I am going to put up some scanned images from my sketchbook and some try outs.
Hopefully in the next few days i will put up the final design and i will let you know when i can proudly present the day my flyer goes to print. In the meantime have a listen on

http://www.myspace.com/oona777

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment