December 5, 2010




It's christmas coming up and its time to make cards and presents. This year a ot of my cards are cut-outs, I love the way how you get a glance of whats inside through little windows. It's a little metaphor, so close to the New Year, looking through a window towards the new exciting year.

Some of the cards are unique, only produced once. Others I have multipied to use more often, for example the little fold up with the reindeer. I am using that drawing as inside fold ups in cards and also as a present tag. I produced this using the imprint from inside old letters. The colours work well i think, they look snowy, icy and cold, but also telling the the feeling around christmas when it is snowing. For me it was very important to mix medias, drawing, cutting, different paper and recycle. Some images show a series of Zine's I have produced, unfortunately I can not show the imagery and topics inside them, yet, as some of them will be christmas presents, and I dont want to spoil the surprise. I will upload them after the christmas asap, I hope you looking forward to it.






 one last bit: Frohes Fest is german, and it means pretty much the same as
Happy Christmas / Happy holidays 



1 comment:

  1. They are looking really beautiful...lucky recipients of those works of art :)

    ReplyDelete