February 19, 2011

RSA STUDENT DESIGN AWARD/ conflict resolution


The last three month I had to fulfil a RSA Design brief. I had to choose from four different projects, some were about designing new ways of giving (charties, etc) another one was to stop or reduce excessive  consumption or to create a way to widen school kids creativity and get them interested into design and the creative arts. Last but not least, one project was based on conflict resolution. Finding ways of agreement, and as I am a slight hippi, I decided to work on the conflict brief. 


For this project, I decided to not create a way of getting rid of Conflict, I created a simple object that creates a platform of having a conflict. This object was a placemat, which simply creates a space where two or more parties can talk / write about the issues they have with one another.







The above image is the digitial version of the Placemat.
Below you can see my four boards that present the problem, the observation and insights and the use of the object. 




















No comments:

Post a Comment